Save and export video bookmarks

nickcwpg

I am reviewing a video documentary to send comments to the video editor. I have bookmarked certain places in the video. Now I would like to send the text of the bookmarks with corresponding timelines to the editor. I do not wish to make a DVD. I need to email my comments. Or export as a soft copy. Urgent please help

Thanks for your response. But if I have about 30 bookmarks that would seem like a very awkward process. I was hoping there was a way of creating a list of all bookmarks indicating the corresponding timelines. That would be a good start. Then I could save or export. Another question is this. Are bookmarks saved in a file (maybe ini). I hope my predicament is more clearly explained and understood. 

Save the project.  Open the VPJ file with Notepad.  Press <ctrl-F> to bring up a FIND box.  Search (down) for "bookmarks."

image.png

There you will see the name and the position, though they won't necessarily be in order.  Copy/Paste the bookmark text into an email message.

Thanks.  That's a good start.  Maybe the developers could be encouraged to create a bookmarks file that is easy to use.  Again thanks.

By the way I'm a novice at this.  Could you please tell me how to go to the position in the text for example

position=1093074&color=2966267&hsequence=9

I have no idea.

Type the number into the Cursor: box, below the preview window, inserting periods where appropriate.  Ignore leading zeros.  For example, my Scene 3...

image.png  Then click on the timeline to go to that address.  In your example my guess is that would be 10.93.074.

To file a suggestion, click the chevron at the top-right of the Videopad window.

• 1 month later...

Thank you

Actually Borate I thank you for you suggestion of opening the file in Notepad and copying bookmarks.  But this seems very confusing.  Conjunto Folklórico Nacional de Cuba...note the accent on “Folklórico”I was wondering this. When I point to the bookmark, it shows the text and timeline. But that soon disappears.  If only there was a way of copying that with bookmark text and timeline then I will be happier.  Or there could be a way of opening a Bookmarks menu and seeing the list of bookmarks and timelines.  Seems like a simple request