MAC OS wierd problem

0vid

Hi

I do all my admin on my powerbook, incl, downloading and purchasing etc.

I do all my music on Protools on a G4 Desktop. This is where I expect to use Switch Plus.

I bought switch plus to convert tunes to Mp3s.

It works on my powerbook which rus 10.4.7 OSX , works fine. All controls are in english.

Installing it on the Desktop G4, which runs 10.3.9, I cannot get it to work. Matter of fact the default control language seems to be German no matter how many times I re-install it, re-boot, dump the preferences, re-install etc...... It recognises my serial number etc, but I cannot get the software preferences to open, nor for the software to work. I can drag files to to the window and that's about it.

Right now, my work around is to transfer my orignal aiff files to my powerbook and convert it there and then send it back to the G4. My powerbok runs the latest MAC OS incl quciktime 7.1.2, but for protools, and various other audio software , I really prefer to run (and in some cases have to run) 10.3.9, quicktime 6.5.2. It is just more stable that way.

There really should be a better way of doing things no?

Hi

I do all my admin on my powerbook, incl, downloading and purchasing etc.

I do all my music on Protools on a G4 Desktop. This is where I expect to use Switch Plus.

I bought switch plus to convert tunes to Mp3s.

It works on my powerbook which rus 10.4.7 OSX , works fine. All controls are in english.

Installing it on the Desktop G4, which runs 10.3.9, I cannot get it to work. Matter of fact the default control language seems to be German no matter how many times I re-install it, re-boot, dump the preferences, re-install  etc...... It recognises my serial number etc, but I cannot get the software preferences to open, nor for the software to work. I can drag files to to the window and that's about it.

Right now, my work around is to transfer my orignal aiff files to my powerbook and convert it there and then send it back to the G4. My powerbok runs the latest MAC OS incl quciktime 7.1.2, but for protools,  and various other audio software , I really prefer to run (and in some cases have to run) 10.3.9, quicktime 6.5.2. It is just more stable that way.

I think that's the same problem I'm having with OS10.3.9 - seems to have to do with Switch Plus.  The older (ie a few weeks ago) version of Switch worked great.  One problem is there seems to be no way to cantact the company - I've hardly ever seen a site that makes it so difficult to get hold of a human! 

There really should be a better way of doing things no?