Debut 7.5 cannot start on Windows 10

Art2021

Recently I clean reinstalled Windows 10 on my Dell E6420, and updated it to date, and fully turned on Windows Defender instead installing any security software.

The issue:

The first app I tried to install is Debut Video Capture 7.5. But  after the installation every time I tried to start the program starts, a window jumps out saying “Debut Video Capture Software has crashed because of an abnormal exception.” I tried several time to uninstall Debut 7.5 and then restart the notebook and reinstall it, the issue is still there.

But, I uninstalled Debut 7.5 and installed an old, version (Debut 7.0), it works, though with an audio issue (Please see my another post “ Weird Audio Issue”).

Anybody can help me to understand this? Thanks a lot in advance.

• Guest changed the title to Debut 7.5 cannot start on Windows 10

The first application I attempted to introduce is Debut Video Capture 7.5. In any case, after the establishment each time I attempted to begin the program begins, a window leaps out saying "Presentation Video Capture Software has crashed due to an unusual exception." I attempted a few opportunity to uninstall Debut 7.5 and afterward restart the journal and reinstall it, the issue is still there.

Update:

1. I tried right clicking Debut (v.7.05) icon and using "Troubleshoot compatibility." It appeared to work. But it looks like that one might have to do this, even more than once, every time to use the program.

2. Now I am living with Debut 7.0.0. No crash issue so far. I only use Debut to do simple screen recording, and the old version is good enough to my purpose.

3. I reported this crash issue of version 7.05 to NCH support team. They responded and sent me a detailed know-how to address it. (But I have not got the time to try it.) I got the impression, a good one, that they do help their registered users with certain case- dependent issues.