transferring to extensions over the internet

marbss

What I want is an incoming vbuzzer (that's my voip provider) line to be answered by a axon and have an IVR answer with options saying press 1 to connect to person1, press 2 to connect to person2, etc. however person1 and person2 will be connected to vbuzzer via a softphone over the internet not on my local network. Will the IVR be able to transfer the call to person1@vbuzzer.com ?

if so, is there additional information I can read about setting this information up?

so far i've configured Axon and IVM to be able to transfer within my LAN. but I'm clueless as to where to start for how to get Axon to transfer to extensions for people connected through the internet. Or is this even possible?

thanks,

so far i've configured Axon and IVM to be able to transfer within my LAN.  but I'm clueless as to where to start for how to get Axon to transfer to extensions for people connected through the internet.  Or is this even possible?

thanks,

Hi,

yes, should be possible. You have to configure a dialing plan for the extension ivm uses.

And you have to extend your 3-digit-extensions somewhere with the complete or real sip-numer of this person1, person2 etc. . That means if someone wants to speak with 103 for instance, ivm has to transfer it to the number, where your other paticipants are reachable at your voip-provider.

I would set up a dialing plan for that: if IVM dials for instance 103, the first 3 digits are deleted (in this case the complete number) and then the complete voip-number have to be add. So the caller thinks, that he is connected to an internal extension, but will be transfered to another external number.

Another option is, to set up a call diversion for the extension itself. (which could be the easiest way, but makes it necessary to define an internal extension for everyone.)

(Or you simply make your axon reachable through the internet, so the other participants simply could register at your axon instead of any other sip-provider. But then all calls are routed through your internet connection.)

Regards

:)

Tjareson