default "tax value" or "TVA(20%)" in csv import file

r2d2r01

To import a list, open the Items list, right-click in the Items dialog and click Import Items from CSV. Browse to the CSV file and open it. The Match CSV Fields dialog will open in Express Accounts. You'll need to match up the columns from the CSV file with headings in Express Accounts. 

Hi , thank's for answer I know where is the option and i use it and precise my request.

In the import csv file for "devis" in french or "quote" there 2 columns named "Taux de taxe" and "Taux de taxe de l'article" .

For each column (article, description, ..) i set a value exported from excel, but what value set in file for taxe ?

Regards

Frederic

In my opinion, the TAX RATE and ITEM TAX RATE columns don't need to be used, especially for the TOTAL column .... it's better not to use them. It is better if the tax rate is set from the beginning on the options. For the success of importing CSV, don't use the DATE column, because every time I use the DATE column, be it DD-MM-YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD format, import always fails.

Importable data that is sufficient for quoting is as follows:
Quote Code, Customer (Required), Sales Person, Billing Address, Ship Address, Qty, Item, Description (Required), Unit Value, Discount, Comment, Private Comment

Thank's, i skip all taxes values. I have tried all these values (10, 10% tva(10) tva(10%), etc ..) and have not all time to test all others. It(s the responsability of developpers to set right doc and samples for end user, if values provided don't match, bye bye columns import. For date I set basically DD/MM/YYYY and it imports fine.

2 hours ago, r2d2r01 said:

Thank's, i skip all taxes values. I have tried all these values (10, 10% tva(10) tva(10%), etc ..) and have not all time to test all others. It(s the responsability of developpers to set right doc and samples for end user, if values provided don't match, bye bye columns import. For date I set basically DD/MM/YYYY and it imports fine.

OK done.....there was a typo on date, it should be "/" not "-".

For importing CSV, Quote should not be used, because it will cause additional items with the same item even though they are different letters. For example, when inputting the item description "NOKIA 8220", then the next quote is "NOKIA GSM 8220, it will be recorded as a Double in the data item. Likewise for the name of the customer. This means Mr. customer input" Jack Sparrow ", the next quote input text" Mr. Jack Sparow ", data from 2 people will be recorded even though they are the same person. Better to fill it directly from EA software

7 hours ago, r2d2r01 said:

Through EA ? ;)

Yup. can you help create a custom report

I have problem the custom reports, especially on the Simple Expression type fields, which allow the user to perform arithmetic operations. In fact, the name of the field I made was very simple, without symbols or special characters
Information that appears
 "Unable to substitute the expression. Unrecognized field name(s) detected.

Very bad simple expression parser.
It appears you can set a constant value but cannot use or do reference to it in other expression simple, only a function (roundup, ..)
Typically:
A -> expr simple -> 1000 => OK
B -> expr simple -> 500 => OK
C -> expr simple -> A-B => KO -> unrecognized field ERROR
C -> expr simple -> A-1 => KO -> unrecognized field ERROR
C -> expr simple -> Field5-1 => OK due to type of field5
Oups

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2021 at 12:01 AM, r2d2r01 said:

Very bad simple expression parser.
It appears you can set a constant value but cannot use or do reference to it in other expression simple, only a function (roundup, ..)
Typically:
A -> expr simple -> 1000 => OK
B -> expr simple -> 500 => OK
C -> expr simple -> A-B => KO -> unrecognized field ERROR
C -> expr simple -> A-1 => KO -> unrecognized field ERROR
C -> expr simple -> Field5-1 => OK due to type of field5
Oups

https://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/36971-how-to-use-custom-report-with-simple-expression/?do=findComment&comment=98013