internet audio file format

Guest weilies

hello.....i m an undergraduate students who was doing a thesis now. so i wish someone had kind enough to let me know between this format:mp3, ogg,ra,wma and aac, which is the advanced format compare from the aspect of bit rate, compression ratio and its quality sound? ur help and responses would be very very appreciated.....

As someone who has done a thesis on an audio-related topic, I think you'll find it a valuable experience to do your own research on this issue. You should download our Switch product and then methodically go through each format using a range of quality settings from low quality to high quality. File compression ratio results are easy to examine, audio quality is a bit harder. You could do a full-blown psychoacoustic study which would take you maybe a month, or you can do something simple and just use yourself as the test subject and write results based on your own experiences.

www.nch.com.au/switch

I'm not sure how easy or hard it is to find information about how those sorts of formats work. Suffice it to say that if you cannot find information about a particular format in the public domain, then chances are you may not be able to find stuff at all.