Effects->Image Overlay Not Being Saved

Paul N.

I have a small image with music credits for my slideshow which does not get saved.

1. Create a blank slide
  2. Choose Effect->Image Overlay
  3. Choose the image file from disk
  4. Align the embedded image in the middle
  5. Change size to 42
  6. Select Fade In/Out=.5 secs
  7. Play from the previous slide, and the embedded image in the blank slide is presented properly
  8. ^S to save the project
  9. Reopen the project
  10. Go to the slide with the embedded image. Blank slide is there but not the embedded image.
  11. Play from the previous slide and it only shows the blank slide with no Effects loaded against it.

I tried clearing cache and I on version 8.10.

Any ideas of what's wrong?

If you use a different picture for the overlay, do you get the same problem? What is the format of that file? When you open the project, do you get a message saying there is a missing file? 

In attempt to fix this issue, please try the steps below:

Uninstall PhotoStage, then delete 3 folders named "PhotoStage" and 1 named "Components" from these locations:
**C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\PhotoStage\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\PhotoStage\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components
**C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\PhotoStage\
**If you can't find any of the folders, just continue. 

After that, restart your computer and reinstall the program using this link: https://www.nchsoftware.com/slideshow/pstagesetup.exe

Once done, restart your system one more time and try again.

Thanks Elk. I tried several different JPG's, same behavior. I also notice that when I add the effect, I have the green bar at the top of the slide. Once I save and reopen it, that green bar indicating there is an effect on it is gone as well.

I'm going to skip the deinstall/reinstall until I see if anyone else duplicates this and/or says I need to submit a bug.

• 4 months later...

Having same problem with image overlay on a blank slide or on added photo.. I have purchased photostage  v8.3, and downloaded free version 8.5 on different PC. Neither works. Still have real old version on another PC, and this works  great.

I contacted  tech support and was told to: select blank slide, click on image overlay in effects and 

get image to overlay. This does not work. I'n not familiar with this kind of discussion, so did anyone get a solution. Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

ME TOO.

I'm having the same issues as everyone else..  I've not done anything different but the earlier version of PHOTOSTAGE I had no problems with saving Image Overlays after going back into a saved file.

It's got to be something in the SOFTWARE PROGRAM itself.  It's like Photostage is saying:  You need to Make your VIDEO and only ONCE then SAVE...Can't save again.

I have PHOTOSTAGE PROFESSIONAL v.8.15.

Please can TECHNICAL SUPPORT please reply and help.  I"M READY to BUY NEW SOFTWARE from andother PROVIDER...