"Shortcut file is corrupt"

APenNameAndThatA

Hi. I uninstalled the software on my mac, and deleted the backup files. Now I have reinstalled the software and backed up to a new place, but when I try to restore the backup file, it says that the file is corrupt. What to do? I think that the soft ware did not do that before I tried to import PC  backup files. It is as if something has been left behind from that that is triggering the error and I cannot get rid of it. Thanks. 

Hello and if the backup file is corrupt there is nothing in the program that would force open it.   Also, if you created the backup file using an older version of FastFox and you are trying to open it with a newer version there may be a conflict depending on the years difference between both versions.

In any case, if the backup is corrupt NCH Software does not have any tools to recover the backup.

2 hours ago, Chris75 said:

Hello and if the backup file is corrupt there is nothing in the program that would force open it.   Also, if you created the backup file using an older version of FastFox and you are trying to open it with a newer version there may be a conflict depending on the years difference between both versions.

In any case, if the backup is corrupt NCH Software does not have any tools to recover the backup.

The issue is that I get the error message even after I delete every backup file I can find.