Apply Payment - Customer List - How to remove old people from the list.

Sleeslag

I lost 40 customers in the beginning of this year.  I deleted all old customer accounts and now I only have 24 customers in my list.  All looks good except from the home screen when I click on Apply Payments box OR go to the payments on the ribbon, the drop list show the 60+ people I had before.

I checked the Customers folder in C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\ExpressInvoice and there are only the 24 customers like it is supposed to be. 

Nevermind I figured it out.... since some of my old customers had credits, I ended up deleting all files here C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\ExpressInvoice\CreditNotes

This brought my Apply Payment list to my current customer list.

I hope this can help someone else.

You have indeed deleted customer data, but the customer who was deleted has past transactions. The deletion should start from the payment transaction where the customer data transaction that wants to be deleted is started.

Next, make sure the customer deletion has no related transactions.

Go to the view tab, select payment and customer old transactions for which the plan will be deleted

There is no relationship creditnotes data files with customer data files.
Do not delete subfolder C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\ExpressInvoice if you don't understand. Because it will result in errors in the Express Invoice data storage process for subsequent use.