Is upgrade from v 8.95 to 10.12 any real benefit?

Alan R

Have just installed VP 10.12 and despite examining the upgrade history I can see little change of any real use.

The majority of tweaks seem to be in effects and templates and Videomaker, very low use features for me.

Are there any real performance improvements?

Are there any really useful additions in the bells and whistles department?

Not criticising VP - its a great little program and I love it, but with the old adage "if it ain't broke ....." I am left wondering if this upgrade is worth applying.

Guidance & comments would be appreciated.

There is certainly no mandate to upgrade. 'Bells and whistles' are subjective.😉   But major performance enhancements have been made, and more are in store.

Download the 64-bit latest release, which greatly improves handling of high-resolution video and complex projects.

Newest versions can always be test driven for free, though some features may not be available.

Thank you for your input - but no I stopped using XP some years ago and am now running Windows 7.

I feel I can sense a slight performance increase with 10.12 but certainly not as much as I expected after the time.  Have kept all the old exe files so believe I should be able to  roll back should any major issues come to light.

A problem I had last year with another editor I used to use was that numerous upgrades over the years resulted in a program that became so bloated it lost performance for anything but top end  Windows10 systems.  I hope this is not where VP is heading, for whilst I understand the need to produce software that takes advantage of the latest technology, manufacturers have to understand where the bulk of the user base exists, and its not all at the peak of performance.

Hope that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to determine which version is installed - rather than which version is in my download folder.

And by that I mean whether its the 64 bit version or not.

I have the videopadsetup64.exe file - and assume this was the one I had installed

My help screen shows VideoPad Professional v 10.12 bit no bit data

CHECKED:  looks as though I installed a 32bit version of v10.12 - is that possible?

I just used Windows 7 Resource Monitor and it reports videopad is running on platform 32 bit

Could I have a 32bit version of v10.12?

I assume that videopadsetup64.exe will definitely be the 64 bit version?  And that maybe I should re-instal  this .exe/

OMG at last - thank you Borate -  yet again.

Now have a spanking new About box that boasts 10.16 just like yours and for the first time my Resource Monitor also reports 64 bit

Invaluable as ever thank you

Alan.