express scribe - wma files

Guest Nathan

Guest Nathan

Hi

I have just installed the latest version of Express Scribe and when I load a wma file, it shows it up on screen, but I can't play it. The file works fine when played in Windows Media Player but for some reason Express Scribe can't play it back to me. I have also checked to see if the file is protected by DRM and it isn't. Any ideas?!?!?!?!??

Nate

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Hi - I have the same problem - Win2k SP4, ES V4.01. It loads .wma files fine, but will not play. Windows Media player works fine with the same files. Any ideas anyone?

Hi

I have just installed the latest version of Express Scribe and when I load a wma file, it shows it up on screen, but I can't play it. The file works fine when played in Windows Media Player but for some reason Express Scribe can't play it back to me. I have also checked to see if the file is protected by DRM and it isn't. Any ideas?!?!?!?!??

Nate

<_< I am having the same problem, can't do my work because I can't open the sound files in Express Scribe, the duration appears as 00:00.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pro.Docs

Same thing happened to me and the only thing that I could do to make this work was have client try and send files to me from a PC instead of the MAC they were sending files from and then it worked fine--go figure.

I must be doing something wrong as well. I downloaded NCH wmawav-decoder for WMA files and hit "save" and placed it into c:\programs files\NCH Switf Sound\Scribe. After that, I went in and ran "wmawav" and received an "Installation Complete" box, stating that the component "WMA" file Decoder has been installed successfully.

However when I try to load a WAM file into Express Scribe, I still get the "Background error" boc, telling me I need the "wmatowav.exe" file. I have rebooted but the background error still appears.

I still don't see an wmatowav.exe. file

David :(