''Deshaker Options'' window not showing

AndieLNastac

Hello,

I am trying to stabilize a clip but the ''Deshaker Options'' window won't pop up.

I either tried right-clicking on the desired clip in my bin & then on ''Stabilize Video...'' or just right-clicking on the .mp4 file in my video files & selecting ''Stabilize Video'' (which opens the VideoPad software but then nothing... No ''Deshaker Options'' window).

I have the v10.12

Thanks for your help! 

Hello Borate,

Thanks for the new version. I've downloaded it & the ''Deshaker Options'' window finally poped out & I've selected the ''Ultra Quality'' making sure the ''Scale'' in ''Advanced Options'' was to ''Full (most precise)'', but it still doesn't look like it had changed anything to the video... The video looks as shaky as before... Am I missing some settings?

Hi

The 10.02 version of VP works fine here with a shaky clip. In general Deshaker works pretty well in VP using the default (high quality) setting, but if the "raw" shaky video is very bad then it may not appear to have been very effective even using the Ultra setting. You can of course Deshake the Deshaked clip again and getting a "Stabilized - Stabilized" clip and see if there is an improvement. It would be interesting to see your clip. Upload it to a free server and someone could take a look.

Nat

Hi

This clip doesn't really show "shake" as the movements (due to the motion of the boat?) are generally slow and gentle and more resemble a slow pan up/down and side to side; something that might usually be used as part of normal videoing technique. Deshaker cannot in fact distinguish this from a normal pan or other deliberate slow camera motion. There are two rapid movements that might be smoothed out at 17 seconds and 45 seconds. The latter also shows a slight border jump so I am wondering if this clip has already been stabilized?? 

As it stands the nature of the movements in this clip means that stabilization using Deshaker will be of limited value. :(   I am currently running stabilization it but it is large format clip (4096 x 2160)  and so Deshaker has a big area in each frame to examine and obtain data from so it's taking some time on my (slow) PC so I'll come back in when it completes.

Nat

Hi

Follow up...

Very little changed in the stabilized version and as Borate and myself mentioned very slow movements or even slow movements of the camera cannot be considered as "shake" in the true sense of the word making stabilization ineffective. It might be possible by dint of a lot of fiddling to use the Position effect to reduce say, the vertical motion using the top bar in the image as a datum point and adding keyframes but you would have to experiment a bit to see if this would be worthwhile and like Deshaker one would need to add some cropping to remove the top/bottom borders that this would introduce.

Nat