Square footage, square meters, or area calculator

wingandprop

I need to know the total finished floorplan square footage for cost estimation purposes.  The 2D plan lets you check on dimensions manually and I could calculate it on that basis manually, but the floorplan is very irregularly shaped and doing it manually, room by room, hall by hall, will be very time consuming.  Does the software have the ability to calculate the area within (or even including) the walls?  That capability should be a no brainer, but I don't see it.  If it does have that capability, where is it and how do you access it?  This question was asked back in 2018 and the answer was that it had to be done in 2D, but that wasn't really an answer.  So to repeat the question, will the program calculate my total square footage and, if so, how (and where) do I get it to do so?

The NCH reply:  

"Thanks for reaching out. By changing the view to 2D from the right menu bar, this allows you to measure the area but we recommend downloading the trial version of the program first to make sure it fits your needs."

Apparently, they don't like giving the direct answer:  "No".   The program will NOT tell you the area /  square footage of the total floor plan, of a floor, nor will it tell the area of individual rooms.  This should be a no brainer for a program like this, as should the ability to show the lengths of all the walls beside each wall.

• 1 year later...

I think you will find the cm to inches converter very useful, as it will help you measure and calculate the room area more accurately. It helped me in my work as a builder, for example, to calculate the length of furniture or materials so that they can be accurately installed and not remodeled. So I think in designing it will be indispensable for you.

• 1 month later...

Very disappointing that this software does not automatically calculate the floor surface - wish I had known this before I had purchased the full program.

Strange that the wall surface can be calculated to determine the volume of paint required, but not floorspace. Truly a disappointing program and a waste of money.