Wavepad needs to close

RLY

I have Wavepad v3.05 on a HP pavilion PC running WindowsXP. When I do a load file of an Mpeg file that has an mp2 track the windows comes up saying Loading with DirectX and then it stops and a message comes up that Wavepad has to close and do you want to send an error report to microsoft. If I disable the direct draw acceleration functions in DxDiag Wavepad will open the file, of course, Media Player and some other programs suffer until I turn it back on. I have another computer that has windowsXP Pro on it and wavepad comes up just find on these files.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Please send a sample file to me. Thanks

I have Wavepad v3.05 on a HP pavilion PC running WindowsXP. When I do a load file of an Mpeg file that has an mp2 track the windows comes up saying Loading with DirectX and then it stops and a message comes up that Wavepad has to close and do you want to send an error report to microsoft. If I disable the direct draw acceleration functions in DxDiag Wavepad will open the file, of course, Media Player and some other programs suffer until I turn it back on. I have another computer that has windowsXP Pro on it and wavepad comes up just find on these files.

Thanks in advance.