Subtitles only sometimes exporting

Birb

I use the free version of VideoPad, mostly to subtitle videos for my friends who don't speak Korean. A new problem I have encountered is that after I have done all the subtitles, when I export the video the subtitles aren't in it--even though I have clicked 'apply' in the subtitles tool and they DO show up in the preview pane. 

I haven't encountered this in the past months I've been using VideoPad: only recently. I have been fooling around with it to try and get it to show my subs again. It seems like the subs will show up if I leave the shadow set at 100% opacity, and not show up (in the exported video) if it is any less--I had previously been setting the opacity at around 80% since it's less obtrusive. 

Is there a fix for it? The solid black shadow behind the subs does work but it's a lot uglier than being able to do it translucent as I had been doing before. Thanks for any help.

Unable to replicate that result here.  The Opacity control appears only when the Background box is checked.

Tested at both 80  - and 20% (as in the demo below), the version 10.2 export looked fine.  See if a different font behaves the same.

Prior to export, Clear Unused Cache Files, under OPTIONS | DISK tab.  Do this prior to starting a new project.

I tested it again and it worked this time! The background box/shadow at a low opacity as desired. Since clearing the cache seems to have done the trick I will try to do that every time just to be safe. Thank you!