White noise attached to video that includes audio file

zsuzsa

When I open a video that has been bounced from my pro logic audio program, after adjusting audio, the audio portion becomes completely distorted. Like white noise and static. Why is this?? If I bounce the audio separate from the video and the import it as an audio file, there is no problem. But this is a hassle as I have to line it all up with the video.

When you state "after adjusting audio" ... can we assume that the adjustment has been made in Pro Logic prior to VP import?

Take a minute to share a file or two that does this and someone here will check it out.  Just upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.

Using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

Also, update to the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Ok then...I'm trying to up load a sample movie, that has the sound distorted when I try to import it into video pad. I have very slow internet so it may not come through for many hours. Yes...I adjusted the audio in logic pro before sending it to video pad. Logic pro is an audio program.

Another huge problem for me is that when I go to open something I've been working on , some I will get the message that "files are missing"...  when I find them and put them back into the project I've lost hours of work I've already done. In this, it's impossible to edit some of what I'm working on. Why does this happen??

I just bought the video pad two days ago... do I still need to update to the latest version??

We'll look forward to seeing a sample file.  If using Google Drive, be sure it's not "restricted" or others won't be able to access it.  Male it "anyone with link can view."

As noted in your other thread, if you save regularly and do not move or delete any source files, VP should have no problem finding them.

Once they are resolved, Save AS.  That writes a new VPJ file with the updated file location info.  That file isn't playable, but can be double-clicked to load the project.

Hi

As you work on your project save your work regularly. Use the option Save Project File As. Use a name that identifies the stage of your work. This process creates a unique vpj file that does not overwrite any other. (Using Save Project  will overwrite previous files.) 

Once saved, do not move, delete or rename any of the project files used as you will not be able to reload your work until you have found and replaced them.(Resolved them)

If you Save Project File As regularly you will lose very little of your work and you will be able to reload to any previous stage of development. You will lose none at all if you Save Project File As immediately before you shut down.

Nat

I have downloaded the file to google..I don't know how to get a "shared public link". I see the file has downloaded but have no idea how to get it to you.

Re...work being lost. When you say you will lose "very little" of your work (??). If I lose any file at all, and have to bring it in again, quite a bit is lost since I have either the audio lined up or the video. I have been saving all along. I will double check what you've suggested as an experiment before trying another project.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19OEl2Q07KsqmfDZxgDnY-ePExyVfAJRX/view?usp=sharing

This is the file ... when I put this movie file into video pad, the sound comes out completely distorted. This sound was adjusted in my logic pro program which links the new sound with the visual portion ...and then I bounce it to my desktop and can use it as a movie file.

• borate changed the title to White noise attached to video that includes audio file

HI

"....Re...work being lost. When you say you will lose "very little" of your work (??). If I lose any file at all, and have to bring it in again, quite a bit is lost since I have either the audio lined up or the video. I have been saving all along. I will double check what you've suggested as an experiment before trying another project....."

My meaning was that if you didn't do a save immediately before logging out of VP then you would lose all the editing back to the last save you did. So if you had saved regularly prior to logging out you would lose just the small amount of editing done back to the last save. Saving immediately before logging out would mean you lost nothing of your editing. Even a physical crash of VP or an inadvertent loss of power to your PC would mean no loss as VP automatically saves an autosave.vpj.

Not sure why you would lose files though (clips/images/audio etc.) unless you physically moved/deleted/renamed them.  Even then, resolving the problem (by relocating/renaming the clips  would place them back into the timeline in the correct position as determined by the vpj file you saved.

Nat 

Hi

Your original mp4 played OK in VLC but not in VP as (as you have noted) the audio was loud white noise.

The audio format was shown to be  PCM-S16BE 48KHz 1536 kbps 2 Channel sound. (16 bit Pulse Code Modulation)

As this doesn't seem to be decoded by VP (yet--see Borate's post above) the work around is to  convert the clip to another mp4 1920 x 1080  HQuality  H264  clip using Advanced Audio Codec acc  Bitrate 128 Sample rate 44100 with 2 Audio Channels. You can probably do this with the  NCH Prism app., (although I used a different application.)

This played perfectly in VP and exported OK.

Nat

Thanks for fixing...but I've already put the direct audio file into video pad and created a video from that, for the project. Does this mean every video file I import into Videopad, from logic, will now be fixed automatically? The message from Nat above is like reading another language. I have no clue whatsoever how to make this conversion. I guess I'm not experienced enough with technology...so ...will I continue to experience the problem every time I try to import a video from my Logic program.

If other files have the same issue they won't be corrected automatically with the current VP version.

Check Pro Logic settings to see if it can export files at a bit rate of 384, or perhaps just a different bitrate than now currently specified.  That may all that's needed.

Hi zsuzsa

OK forget the jargon.:) It roughly means the audio in your clips can't be decoded by VP and loaded to the timeline as-is looks like this...

xx.jpg

This effectively plays as white noise as VP can't correctly read the audio format.

In simple terms the remedy is to convert the clip to a format whose audio VP can recognize. We can keep the original video format (siz/resolution)  but alter the audio format. Video converter programs like NCH Prism can do this. 

If you find the clips you produce still have the same problem despite Borate's advice and until NCH produce a corrected version of VP do this....

• Download NCH Prism. This is a video file converter
  • Save the exe file you get.
  • Run the exe file. This will load the demo Prism program to your PC. Note if you have opened VP you can click the Suite tab on the toolbar; select Prism and down load it from there. (Third one along).....
  • yy.jpg
  • When it opens Click the green + to  Add your clip to the list area.
  • Enter a destination folder like Desktop or a specific folder.
  • For Output format select .mp4
  • Enter Encoder Options .............
  • aa.jpg
  •  
  • Now click the Convert button. Prism will convert the clip to mp4 and save it to the selected folder. The audio will have been fixed.
  • Open the destination folder and use the converted file. 
  • The .mp4 file produced will now play OK in VP as shown below.....
  •  
  • zz.jpg

Hope this helps in the interim.

Couple of other things to note.. Keep the exe file for the demo. When the trial runs out delete Prism from the control panel and if you need it again just re-run the exe file. If you have already got prism running and have a problematic file loaded use the suite toolbar option to automatically open Prism.

Nat