Problematic video export: in .mp4 it loses audio or "failed" on time

Eduardo85

Good evening. Since I had to reinstall Videopad (ver. 8.99) it is no longer possible for me to export finalized videos in .mp4. Trying various settings, either the video is exported but the audio is missing, or the simple words "failed" appear in the export queue, without any other explanation.

I tried to reinstall the software, even by installing older versions of Videopad - with which I have never had this type of problem that now comes back to me in every way. I also tried different types of exported files, but nothing. I don't know what to do: has it become useless?

Thanks very much to those who will be able to help me, I am disheartened. I have several outstanding projects with this software.

First thing, start the program without loading any files or a project and, under OPTIONS | DISK tab, Clear Unused Cache Files.

Then load this version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the issue persists, please share your project.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be private.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.