Does VideoPad 8.97 require access to internet for some functions?

IMZvonko

After buying VideoPad, I downloaded most recent version (8.97) and replaced the old trial version I had. Now when I click on the Question Mark icon in upper right hand corner there seems to be a quick flicker, but nothing else. I'm pretty sure in old version it took me to a web page with the help system content page. Same thing for all the other icons in that area. I'd attach a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to attach a file. The tool bar in the text editing section doesn't have a button for attaching files.

That was annoying, but I can get around it by going directly to help system in a browser, but I'm really running into a problem when trying to export a video for YouTube. If I click on the "Upload to YouTube" button under Export tab, I fill out the Export Video dialog and click Create. Then I get a dialog with "YouTube Authorization" in title bar and nothing happens. That makes me think I need to change something to allow program external access. 

It's probably something in my Firewall Rules, but what? I hesitate to give the program wide open access. 

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Zvonko

8.97 upper-right ? and other buttons launch WEB pages, so Net access is needed.  <ctrl-F> on the HELP page will help you find topics.  The box is at the lower-left.

An export to YouTube should prompt to log on to your Google account.  Once done, authorize Videopad to be linked.  Smooth sailing thereafter.

3 hours ago, borate said:

8.97 upper-right ? and other buttons launch WEB pages, so Net access is needed.  <ctrl-F> on the HELP page will help you find topics.  The box is at the lower-left.

An export to YouTube should prompt to log on to your Google account.  Once done, authorize Videopad to be linked.  Smooth sailing thereafter.

Thanks for replying, but I'm not sure you're really answering my question. Seems like you're just confirming that it indeed DOES need access. But, what do I need to do to grant it?

Hi

VP doesn't need to have access to the web as it will run normally without. However Help pages are not part of the software you download but they are available on line by either clicking the ? at the top right of the screen or from the Menu button at the left end of the top toolbar, or, as with many programs by pressing F1.

VP version 8.94. (at least here doing this invokes  the following link which directly opens the Help page on line. Obviously you will need to be connected to a server for this feature to function otherwise nothing happens. Depending on your internet browser setting you may be directed to Google first.

http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/index.html?software=VideoPad&appname=VideoPad&version=8.94&base=videopad&domain=nchsoftware&buyoffer=videopad&pclass=plus&rgst=1&svar=LLIBControlonVIDEOPADSplashoffVIDEOPADNarrationtitleonVIDEOPADAudioclassificationoffVIDEOPADKenburnsonVIDEOPADFadetextonVIDEOPADVideoMakerWizardoffVIDEOPADAddmediaonVIDEOPADNarratetitleonVIDEOPADExtendinoutonVIDEOPADChangeMaxToFullScrnonVIDEOPADFsbuttononVIDEOPADLockedbtnoffVIDEOPADUnlockedbtnoffVIDEOPADRecordingsbinoffVIDEOPADPromptMultiAudStronVIDEOPADScissorOverSplitCliponVIDEOPADDisablereplaceclipoffVIDEOPADAddTransClipAsOverlayoffVIDEOPADHideDragTextoffVIDEOPADBeatmarkoffVIDEOPADSplitselectedclip2offVIDEOPADHorizontaltoolonVIDEOPADDarktoolwindowonVIDEOPADEditkeysonVIDEOPADNormalizeRecordoffLLIBAllowalloutputformatsonVIDEOPADScrollingtextoffVIDEOPADMultiSubChanonVIDEOPADShowAddEffectsListoffVIDEOPADAddeffectbtnoffVIDEOPADShowApplySelectedoffVIDEOPADCurrenttransitiononVIDEOPADVideoeffecttipoffVIDEOPADEffecttextonVIDEOPADJoinedtransitionoffLLIBNewslettersignupv2on&antivirus=expired&instby=dl&iid=dA0L9DjTCAA&help=4&usage=04D905&usagestats=fx3(2)&usechoice=stkc(16)&days=315&runs=1134

i.e. Here (Using Chrome) It goes directly  to this page...

aa.jpg

VP runs behind this window which can be reduced to the taskbar like any window. Note also that other NCH applications in the Video suite can also be accessed from the Suite toolbar and would require an internet connection to download and install..

bb.jpg

Obviously also, a connection to the internet would also be required if you wish to upload directly to F/B Y/T etc .But as mentioned if you are simply going to work within your PC then a connection is not required.

Nat