Tonegenerator can't play sound:

HannahEU

I just installed the free version Tonegenerator software to test and get this errormessage after starting the application:

"Sound Play Error

Unable to start playback.

This might be because the sound card is being used by some other applications or because you have not selected the correct Sound Play Device using Play Settings."

I don't have any other sound software in use and none of the sound play devices offered in preferences work. BTW: sound works fine with for instance Youtube and system sounds.

How can I solve this?

Verify that the extension has loaded correctly by going to your OS X System Preferences and selecting Sound. In the Output tab you should see the Tone Generator as Recorder device. Select this device to make it the system's preferred output device. This will cause most applications (such as iTunes) to use it as their output device.

17 hours ago, Kim 1318 said:

Verify that the extension has loaded correctly by going to your OS X System Preferences and selecting Sound. In the Output tab you should see the Tone Generator as Recorder device. Select this device to make it the system's preferred output device. This will cause most applications (such as iTunes) to use it as their output device.

Apparently the extension didn't load correctly; it doesn't show under the Output tab. How can I solve this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...