How to Get GIFs to Loop?

Tom Polakis

The default for animated GIFs is to loop only once, and then move on to the next slide.  I want it to loop as long for as long as I set the duration.  The Help shows Screen References - GIF Encoding Settings - Looping, but does not show how to access this menu.  Where is this feature in the pop-down menus?  Thanks

Tom

Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I was asking about.  I have GIFs that I have input into the slide show that were set up to loop indefinitely.  When the slide show plays, it only goes through it once, and then advances to the next slide.  I want it to loop for my set duration.

Tom

Edited by Tom Polakis

Tom, I think what you are reading in help is what N_C_H_josh was pointing to. It's in reference to an Export Video type of GIF. In the help on page 71 of the PDF  it says

Screen References - GIF Encoding Settings

Looping

Select this to get your GIF repeat itself endlessly.

There is no mention of selecting a duration.

I just played with an animated GIF. While it will look indefinitely when I launch it from Windows, PS shows it's length to be 1.3 seconds. PS will not allow me to extend the duration.  I copied the GIF to the slide slow 3 times and changed in TRANSITION time to .1 second (lowest allowed). You may want to play around with that approach to get your set duration.

Full disclaimer; I'm relatively new to PS.

Thanks, Paul.  I like your solution of just copying it enough times to get it to the desired duration.

It's a pretty obvious feature request to have Photostage loop GIFs until the user wants it to advance to the next slide.

Regarding the 0.1 second transition, another obvious feature request would be to make available a cut as one of the transitions.  A 0.1-second fade looks enough like a cut, so I suppose that's the solution.

Tom