Can not export Video properly

Chris Bm

So again. 

I have problems exporting my project. 

Consists of 26 videos as a collage + sound. 

When I  export - no matter which format/size ... i choose, Videopad either crashes or I have black/frozen tiles in the exported video.

Expect something like that not to happen after paying 100 €. 

Need fast help. Please.

And right now again I can not even open the saved project properly. Or the system crashes or the settings go wrong. 

Chris

When editing Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.

Reboot.  Install the latest version.  (Upgrades are free for six-months from purchase date.)

Reload your project.  Then share with us per Nat's link above.  If you use Google, don't forget to change "restricted" to "anyone can view" or folks won't be able to access it.  Do not upload JUST the VPJ file.  Follow the instructions carefully and upload the back-up folder.

If the project absolutely refuses to load, zip everything in the folder that contains the source files and upload that in lieu of the Videopad back up.

What is the resolution of the bulk of the source files?  What were your export settings?

Info on building stacked multi-track collage and virtual choir projects is here... 

https://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/31824-tips-on-building-a-multi-person-virtual-choir/?do=getLastComment

1 hour ago, borate said:

borate queried:

What is the resolution of the bulk of the source files?  What were your export settings?

Will do. It is reloading partially. Just getting everything in place again, being very patient. Not overwriting. Having latest version. Will share asap. 

You put lots of effort into this.  Here's what was done to make it preview, so a screen grab could be made...

1.  Audio tracks were consolidated into 1
2.  Unused effects (mask, motion) were removed from every track
3.  Track 26 contents were moved to track 25
3.  An 800x450 screen grab was made in lieu of export
     No, it's not ideal, but usable

In our Messenger discussion you will find a link to the screen grab, from your original, and a link to the rebuilt project using the suggested 5x5 grid.  That one should export at up to 1080, very slowly. When compared with positioning each box individually, grids are a breeze.

A high number of tracks/effects can max out 32-bit app memory.  Generally, and this applies not only to Videopad, fewer tracks and effects = fewer problems.

Compound effects can be pre-produced, then exported, to lower processing load.  Then those composited clips can be added to the final edit.  Essentially that's what Nat suggests in a method he outlines in the 'choir' sticky post at the top of this forum.

Hi Nat,

Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated! The video clip is much better then anything I managed!! Thank you so much!

Started working it over again by doing 4 people each time... Still nearly a week till christmas... will see, if gets even better. 

Chris

Using a grid makes creation easier, and accurate export more likely.

At each step, Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can backtrack if necessary.