Video and sound do not match on Videopad editor

KeithKKA

Hi, new user here..

I have started working with VP last week. I have loaded one of my videos, and noticed that the sound and the video images are not matching.
It plays okay on my phone or laptop. But on VP, the sound goes off ahead (half to 1 second) of the images. Is there any way to correct this?

Please help. Thanks.

P.S. Only 1 video has such issue. It works fine with other videos. Thx.

What is the file type of that video?  If you take a minute to share it someone here will check...

Upload the video to a free server, such as MS OneDrive or Google Drive.  Get a shareable (public) link.  Copy that link.  Post it here or to me in a Private Message via the envelope at the top-right of this forum.

If you use Google, be sure to change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view" or we won't be able to access it.

Thanks very much, borate. Downloaded the new file and loaded into VP. It works perfectly.
Really appreciate your quick response and fix.

Just wondering what the problem is.. So I would (if possible) avoid the same problem happening again?
Would that be a problem with the source of the recording? I am asking the sender to let me know what camera/phone he recorded the clip..

Likely a recording issue, as this was the sole file that had the problem.  But some VP versions handle it, so it needs to be tracked down.

Please post any info you receive that differentiates this file from others, so it can be passed on to the investigators.

Thank you.. Will do.
My apologies.. I am a new user of VP, would you mind please elaborate a bit more on the steps to "scoot the track into sync by dragging it to the right (in this case), to make it come in later.".. Does it mean to: drag the beginning mark of the audio track to align with the video track beginning mark?

Thanks very much for your patience..

After UNlinking, here's an easy way to handle sync issues like this...

Split the video track only at the point where the bowing begins.  Click the chevron to the right of the SPLIT BUTTON, under the preview window, and choose Video Tracks, then the specific track.

Then listen to the audio track and create a similar Audio Track only split where the sound begins.  To hear audio when manually moving the scrubber (red line) on the timeline, click the AUDIO tab in the toolbar and click SCRUBBING.

Finally, line up the two splits, one above the other by dragging the audio track later (to the right).  To eliminate gaps in a track, right-click in the gap and CLOSE GAP.

Hi KeithKKA

If you notice that that the audio Starts in synch and then gradually gets behind or in front of the video you could also try this..

• Unlink the audio
  • Click the audio and select Change Clip speed
  • Increasing the speed slightly.....101.....102   etc. will keep the start as it was but make the audio finish very slightly sooner This can correct audio that is gradually lagging. 
  • You could also adjust the speed of the video track to get the same effect. (Slight speed adjustments of either track will not be noticed.)
  • When the synch looks OK Group both tracks so they remain together.

Nat

Good point, Nat. Understood. Very nice to know this.. I assume that we can group the video and audio back again anytime after 'unlink'?

Also, just wondering.. what could cause the video and audio getting out of sync along the way (during recording time)?

Drag the scrubber (red line) to the desired spot.  A right-click on a clip in the bin will reveal several choices.  One is PLACE CLIP ON SEQUENCE AT CURSOR.

Dragged clips will snap into place at the nearest junction.

The scrubber position can be entered numerically.   image.png

Note, too, that the ||<  and  >|| buttons jump the scrubber to precise clip boundaries so there's no question that a clip is being dropped at a junction.

<Shift-right/left arrows> do the same.