Convert .wav to .flac but can not play this flac on BMW audio

Duc Nguyen

Hi DannR and thanks for supporting the product. 😀

I have the same issue (on a BMW iDrive). The files which were originally FLAC play fine the AIFF flies converted to FLAC just stay at 0:00:00 until they error and go to the next converted file which does the same, until they get to a file that was originally a FLAC file, which then play.

The FLAC output options are set at "Match Source" and the original AIFF Flies have a sample rate of 44.1kHz.  What are you suggesting in terms of changing the sample rate exactly? Happy to test options.

Thanks again 

• 2 months later...

Hi DannR. Thanks for the product support. I purchased Switch version 9.03 yesterday, after using Switch during a trial period.

I have converted some tune titles from MP3 to FLAC using a Win 10 PC and after converting the files, copy them to a Sandisk Cruzer 16GB. The FLAC titles are not recognized (playable) on my JVC car audio head unit model KW-M75BT. But the MP3 are.

I have tried different USB devices but I get the same results.

The owners manual offers the following Audio guide for FLAC: Sampling Freq: 16 - 192kHz (USB);  Bit count 16/ 24 bit

I am using the default Match Source as the sampling rate. But IMO that defeats the purpose of converting to FLAC. Why would I accept a lower sampling rate of MP3 when that is what I am wanting convert from??

I hope you have a resolution for this issue.

Thanks for your imput,

Bob Miller

• 3 months later...
On 3/17/2021 at 12:01 AM, DannR said:

In this case, would be better to send some screenshots and the files that you are using to replicate the situation to the Technical support Team, so they can check all this or verify with the Developer if there is a bug directly with the FLAC files. 

Thank u for this