Sound file conversion

Guest Fritz Lang

no sorry, I don't see anything on google suggesting that this is an audio format. Can you tell me what you know about this format?

.ACT is the native sound format used by my MP3 USB player when recording microphone input. The player comes with a translator from .ACT to .WAV but I am looking for a direct translation to .MP3. If you're interested then I can send you a sample file.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest John Taylor
.ACT is the native sound format used by my MP3 USB player when recording microphone input.  The player comes with a translator from .ACT to .WAV but I am looking for a direct translation to .MP3. If you're interested then I can send you a sample file.

I misinterpreted the "switch" capability to convert .ACT files. I downloaded the free "Switch" converter, but it didn't recognize the ".ACT" format. I'm using a Kworld G515 MP3 StarCombo device and never received the driver disc. I'm using Windows XP and Windows Media player and would like to convert the native format ".ACT to .WAV" so I can listen to my college professors' lecture. I've searched the web over and had hoped "Switch" free download would be the answer to convert .ACT to .WAV format. Can you help? :(