Debut's exported videos won't playback on Mac's Big Sur.

DJC

I recently purchased a new MacBook with Big Sur. Is debut compatible? 

I can record videos and play them just fine under the Recordings tab. When I try and export, save as, email, share to dropbox, etc, the video will save correctly though won't playback correctly. The video has no video, except for the first frame that is frozen. The audio usually plays for a few seconds. Additional odd noises than play, as if audio is at a very slow playback speed. 

This seems to be something that is happening with the exporting process as it is fine in Debut. Can anyone assist?

I tried this as an MP4 as well as Mov. I attempted to watch with Quicktime, VLC and Handbrake, as well as the player built into Dropbox. All do the same thing. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Debut with no luck.

Debut works with my older Mac on Catalina 10.15, so I am thinking it may be a Big Sur issue. Is anyone using Debut and Big Sur with no issues?

Can you please check if the files are using H264 or H265 compressor/format (QuickTime can check this using its inspector, Command - I shortcut)?

Is the Big Sur Macbook with the ARM M1 or Intel  processor?

Is it possible to get a sample recording in mov or mp4 formats?

I appreciate the beta version. I opened Debut and recorded about 5 seconds. Once I pressed record, Debut's live preview screen froze. It said it was recording and the dropped frames number kept increasing. At about 200, I pressed stop. Debut said it was waiting for playback to finish, and froze there. When I hit cancel, it was still froze. Program had to be force quit. This happened both times I opened the beta version.

It was in webcam mode. I just put it in application mode, set to Zoom. Same thing happened. Currently froze with eh message "waiting for recording to finish" and under that it says " and "writing audio to file". This never happed in the non-beta version.

When I close the program, it seems to close properly, though an error message comes up that says. This happens every time I open and close the program. 

Abnormal Signal Crash and lists Signal 11 as an exception code.