No Video Images

jgrabert

Install the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Does the mp4 video not display on the timeline, or only after exporting the project?  If the issue persists, let's take a look...

Share your project.  Someone will come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Click COPY LINK | DONE.
  •     Share ---    Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Update to the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Everything sounded and looked fine.  If the issue persists come back here.

Not really.  Tested my revised project in another low-end PC and no problem there.

Did the revised (AVI) work in Videopad?   What are your PC's specs:  GPU/CPU/free space on C:\ and RAM?

Tough to diagnose if the issue cannot be replicated.

Uninstall.  Then try reinstalling as Administrator via a right-click on the installer file.

Hints at missing components.  On the PC delete all files in these folders...

"C:\Users\<PCname>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"  or similar path without the (x86).

Then reinstall the program as administrator.

If you have problem finding and deleting component file. Please follow these steps:

1. Right click on your desktop, select New->Text document.
  2. Ignore the file name for now by clicking away.
  3. Double click on it and open Notepad.
  4. Copy the two lines below into Notepad:
    rmdir "%appdata%\NCH Software\Components" /s /q
    rmdir "%programfiles(x86)%\NCH Software\Components" /s /q
  5. Save the file and exit Notepad.
  6. Rename the file to "1.bat" (or whatever file name you want, just have to be .bat).
  7. Right click on the .bat file and select Run as administrator (you need to logged in as administrator).

If you have cleared the folders mentioned above, try a normal (left-click) install.

Here are the components installed by VP on this PC.  At the top, those under App Data;  at the bottom, the ones under Program Files.

Check your folders for the same.  Is anything missing?

App Data.jpg

Program Files.jpg

I am not finding most of the things you are asking me to find.  I can't find AppData.  I can't find any of the folders you show on the previous message.  As you can probably tell by now, my computer expertise is mediocre at best.  I am not getting anything by left or right clicking on the 1.bat file.

Apparently your Windows operating system is configured to not show those entries.  Rather than pursuing this route you might try the following...

Download and install this free tool.  It will be listed as Revo Uninstaller in your programs menu.  image.png

Run Revo.  Find the Videopad entry, right-click and UNinstall.

After the Videopad installer completes, click Scan, then Delete all registry entries.  It may present several pages.  When it prompts "Finish" click that to exit.

Now install the latest Videopad version.

If that doesn't succeed, try another PC if possible.

Hi

Before abandoning all hope why not do a system restore, choosing a date from before the time you removed things?

"...I can't find AppData...."

• Open My Computer
  • D-Click the C drive
  • D-Click Users
  • D-Click Your Name (As user)
  • You should now see AppData
  • D-Click AppData and D-Click Roaming
  • You should now see NCH Software
  • D-Click NCH Software
  • You should now see VideoPad

Nat