Unable to hear sound on calls

thebachelorboi

Hello,

First let me say this prouct is outstanding and has so much more flexability than other vPBX systems I have been looking at. I've been setting this system up for the last few days and it seems so simple to use and deploy for each person.

My problem is, after setting up my external lines as follows:

Incoming Vonage Ring: 888 (Attendant) soft phone 1

Outgoing Vonage Ring: 888 (Attendant) soft phone 2

Dialing Plan 9, Outgoing Vonage

I have also Disabled Call Activity Polling for each line.

I can receive calls perfectly fine and the caller can hear all of the system prompts and hear the person they are calling.

I can place calls and reach the number I have dialed.

But when the call is answered on either side, I cannot hear the person from the landline talk to me on the PBX. Although all internal calls you can hear all parties. I am using Express Talk, I have tried both lines with this setup and neither work. Does anyone know why this might be?

Are you going through any type of a router? If you are going through a router that uses NAT good luck. About the only people I know that can get VOIP to work through NAT are geniuses.

Hello,

First let me say this prouct is outstanding and has so much more flexability than other vPBX systems I have been looking at.  I've been setting this system up for the last few days and it seems so simple to use and deploy for each person.

My problem is, after setting up my external lines as follows:

Incoming Vonage    Ring: 888 (Attendant)  soft phone 1

Outgoing Vonage    Ring: 888 (Attendant)  soft phone 2

Dialing Plan            9, Outgoing Vonage

I have also Disabled Call Activity Polling for each line.

I can receive calls perfectly fine and the caller can hear all of the system prompts and hear the person they are calling.

I can place calls and reach the number I have dialed.

But when the call is answered on either side, I cannot hear the person from the landline talk to me on the PBX.  Although all internal calls you can hear all parties.  I am using Express Talk, I have tried both lines with this setup and neither work.  Does anyone know why this might be?