No video in VP after editing

KC0QNB

I just worked on a security camera video, I got it the size I needed by using effect>Zoom. that is fine, After exporting the video opening the new version I wanted to sync the audio and video, easy enough, usually. This time the video didn't show in the preview window, or on the timeline after dragging it there, so i couldn't do what I needed. I ended up unlinking the audio track and exported it as is. It plays fine in VLC and online, just not happy about not being to edit the video further.

Let's take a look at the project that produced the 'new version' - not the export.  We'll check it out.   Share it by following these four easy, quick steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Locate the saved, numbered FOLDER, NOT the VPJ or export file.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Click COPY LINK | DONE.
  •     Share ---    Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to No video in VP after editing

The upload was fine, but that's not the project.  It's appears to be the result, which loads audio and video and can be edited in VP just fine.

Save the back up folder, per the instructions above, and upload that.  Someone will see if exporting it results in the issue that you encountered.

Well ok, I knew I might mess up. I will try again later, I wanted to try something else first. The source file was downloaded from the security system as an mp4, I decided to try another format, like AVI and see how that works out. Thanks so far!