Changing duration of multiple still images

David1c

Hi

I need a simple operation that any stupid story board software can support, and I cant find a way to do it on video pad

I have a sound track with duration of 3:12

I have selected several images something like 50 images

I want to set the duration of all images to be the same with each other and all together will be at the length of the music

I expected that if I select all images on the timeline -> right click > change duration , it will set the duration of all selected images

I am using the most updated version 8.95 and it is very disappointed, I wonder why did I paid so much for that sw.

I will be happy to get some tips how can I do it

David

Familiarization takes time and patience.  Good basic tips here.  There's also HELP.  Click the ? at the top-right of the VP window.  Click <ctrl-F> to FIND.

New image length is set under OPTIONS | MEDIA tab.  3:00 is the default.

To change the duration of multiple images on the timeline, it usually succeeds to first select those that are to be changed.

Then double-click the video track and select the time entry in the box under the preview window  image.png

Input the new duration.  Press <enter> or click the video track.

Hi

If you know beforehand you need 50 images that have a total duration of 3:12 you should have done the calculation 192/50 to get the duration of each image(= 3.84 seconds )  and then set it in Options/Media/Default still image duration. If you didn't do this each image will use the default value whatever that was.

To change them in the image clip bin  before you add them to the timeline....

1. Place the cursor in the bin
  2. Press Ctrl + A. This will select all the images in the bin
  3. Right click on one of the thumbnails and select Change Clip Speed
  4. Left click the Duration shown and type in 3.84
  5. Press the Enter key and then press Set.   All the clips in the bin will now have a duration of 3.84 seconds
  6. You can now drag them all onto the timeline.

If they were in order they will remain in order, otherwise you will need to re-arrange them.

If you want to change their duration if you have already placed them on the timeline follow Borate's instructions. Check however that they all get changed...some earlier versions of VP had a bug that left at least one image with the original default value.

Nat.