Printing misalignment

Jumping

On screen all notes are aligned correctly...but when I print or save as Pdf, notes become misaligned slightly, making it almost impossible to read.

For instance, a C note in middle of treble stave is positioned partly on C space and partly on B line.

In addition, if notes are below or above stave, then ledger lines are removed or placed somewhere in vacant space away from notes.  

Please advise how to correct this fault.

Thanks, Jim Scadding 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem as Jumping (Nov. 22). In printing: 1) notes are misaligned on the staff, printing slightly above their intended line or space. 2) ledger lines are misaligned both vertically and horizontally to the note they modify. For example, the ledger line for a middle C prints slightly to the right and almost where an E would be below the treble staff. All ledger other lines are similarly misaligned.

The end result is an unusable page of printed music. I also referred to http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/crescendo/win/printpreview.html . I could not get the fixes suggested there to produce any improvement in the Print Preview or printed hard copy.

I would be happy to send a scan of a printed sheet showing the above problems if you would like. Hope you can help. Thanks for your attention!

• 2 weeks later...

The same thing is happening to me.  I attempted all the printer suggestions with no result.  I have contacted them and at their request sent copies of the printed sheets.  After sending several "enlarged" copies for better visualization they responded with this email, "Thank you for contacting us and this issue was reported to the developers for further testing.  Sadly, NCH Software does not have an estimate when the issue would be addressed but as soon as we have news to share on this matter we will notify you by email." I'm not sure what that means but it's what I got.

To all that have been having alignment problems printing.  I have found a solution that seems to work.  What I did was I saved my work as a PDF to documents then opened it from documents with preview and printed it from there.  It came out fine.  I have a Mac and don't know if this will work on a PC.  I created a file on my desktop and dragged the PDF file to it for easier access.