No video / black screen (VideoPad Editing software not working)

Irene Visto

I'd just bought my VideoPad editing software last Tuesday, November 17, 2020.

I'm so disappointed because first when I try the trial version it works pretty well on my computer however when I bought the license one.

It does not working anymore. When we import videos on the software, the video will not playing and the screen turns to black. I hope you guys will help me this.

It's just a guess, but maybe it helps to delete the cache. Start videopad, do NOT load anything (or press CTRL + N = New project). Then go to Menu -> Tools ->  Options -> Disk. Click the the button "Clear Unused Cache Files". When videopad has cleared the cache, load your project/videos.

If it doesn't work: Maybe it is just one if the video clips, that leads to the problem. Try to pinpoint it, load one video after another. Maybe one of your clips is broken?

Look at the start-up screen or the left-bottom of the VP window.  What version does it list?

Try this one.

If problems persist please share a file or two that won't display.  Upload it to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, make it shareable (public), get a link and post that link here or in a Personal Message to me via the envelope at the right-top of this forum.  We'll take a look.

• borate changed the title to No video / black screen (VideoPad Editing software not working)