Express Burn doesn't succeed with a VP project

Snappygraham

I have previously made a video dvd from moviemaker and then express burn successfully. I have tried to do the same with video pad and express burn unsuccessfully.

I have attached links to the VIDEO.TS files listed on the 2 dvds. Can anyone explain why the first plays [1] in a dvd player and the second one does not [2]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c3xwFsYgpsa_RFG9Oii4P4NDHq0OJxzE/view?usp=sharing  [this one works]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EK1S6YVOAh86LNDLtNHMDhvw8cupUbIl/view?usp=sharing [this one does not play in a dvd player]

Thanks

• borate changed the title to Can't burn to video dvd from Videopad using express burn

What Videopad export format was used to output your project - mp4, AVI, MOV?  We assume that you want the result to display on any DVD player.

Seeing the file list isn't really useful.  What's needed is the actual project that was created with Videopad.  Share it, and someone will check whether it can be successfully burned.  As noted earlier, Videopad can burn a simple DVD movie directly without the need for Express Burn.

The sharing process is simple, quick and can be private.  Just follow these steps carefully...

• Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  • Upload ---  Locate the saved, numbered folder, NOT the exported or VPJ file.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
  • Get link --- Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Click COPY LINK | DONE.
  • Share ---    Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Express Burn doesn't succeed with a VP project

Size isn't the issue.  The project is corrupt because Color and Auto effects were added to Sequences 1 and 2.  Add those effects only on the timeline.  There also were two "title here" extraneous text files on upper Sequence 1 tracks.

Corrections were made and the project burned as it should in Express Burn.

Message for Borate: I'm sorry to say that I followed the process for the revised file, got the "burned successfully" message but the dvd would not play in my Toshiba dedicated player. To eliminate issues, I have tried this on 2 other dvd players with no success. I have already bought a new dvd writer thinking that might be the problem. I have compared this with an earlier dvd made via Movie Maker which works in all the machines,  so am not sure what to try next. Have burnt 15+ dvds now to attempt to get this right!

Could I ask you to burn a disc and try and see if there is another problem?

What should be on the disc which triggers autoplay in a dvd machine because this is what happens when I play the Movie Maker version yet I cannot see much difference in the files:

MOvie Maker Version which works:

VIDEO_TS.BUP  12kb  / VIDEO_TS IFO (VLC} 12kb  /  VIDEO_TS VOB Video file  58kb / VTS_01_BUP  38kb  / VTS_01_0  IFO  38kb  / VTS_01_0 VOB  58KB / 

VTS_01_1  VOB  553,298kb

Videopad Version which doesn't work:

10060-2928-28  VOB  91,896kb   / VIDEO_TS.BUP   8kb   /  VIDEO_TS   IFO  8kb   / VTS_01_0.BUP   12kb   / VTS_01_0   IFO  12kb

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

An NTSC ISO was created in VP, then burned with Express Burn and another program.  Both results played fine on a Samsung BR-DVD player.

If you create your own ISO, or burn directly in VP, try specifying NTSC, instead of PAL.

For your tests, use a DVD-RW rewritable, so money isn't wasted on duds.

image.png