Update requires new purchase

steven-19

My instance of wavepad crashed and I was sent to a bug report window. At some point I was asked or told to update to version 11. Fine. But to my surprise my registration code no longer worked with version 11!! I am being asked to fork over another $50 after having PURCHASED this software (and after having been billed monthly for a number of months, some of which were AFTER I *purchased* wavepad). Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know how to roll it back to the previous version?

• 2 weeks later...

Just created an account after seeing your post - I recently had a very similar situation, but I believe I was using the free edition. After updating, it became a trial version. Once the trial expired (in short time), I was forced to purchase. During license activation it suggested creating a back-up disc to reinstall same version if something happens again, since updating to a newer version requires new purchase. I didn't create a backup, and now I cannot find any command within the software to do so! 

In this case all you guys need is to make sure you have installed the correct versions of the programs that are compatible with the licenses you own. If you guys are not sure what versions you are supposed to have installed you might want to contact NCH Technical Team, they should be able to provide you the specific links to download and steps to register the licenses you already own. 

You can create a ticket for them here:

https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html