VP stops exporting when PC sleeps

Tigger2019

Why does it take so long for my video to export on VideoPad. I have used other softwares in the past and I never had this problem. Also, why does my video stop exporting when my computer goes into sleep mode. I never had this problem when dealing with other video editor softwares. I just invested in this software but I'm not sure if I made the best decision. Can someone please help?

What is the length of the production?  What is the resolution and size of the bulk of the source files?  What are the export settings?

Answer those questions and share the project.  Someone will be glad to check it out.  This is easy, quick and can be private.  Just follow these steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder, NOT the exported or VPJ file.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum and privately message it to me.  It won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Here's a small utility that puts an icon in the taskbar notification area (bottom-right), which when clicked ON will prevent sleep.  Very handy.

File a suggestion with NCH to implement 'wake-lock' coding that prevents sleep when Videopad is running.

https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html?software=VideoPad

• 7 months later...