Red triangle next to clips in bin

Kelly Burke

Red exclamation point next to clips in bin. I had saved clips on the computer from an SD memory disk but later removed the disk to add more items from another computer. Brought the disk back to the editing computer, imported the added items. Noted that the items in the bin all had red triangle to the left of them. Did I lose association with the original files when I took the disk out - even though I had saved them on the computer? Do I now need to delete the items in the bin and import them again? 

If the clips were imported from the PC into Videopad and the project was subsequently saved, then VP should know where they are.  When reloading a project, if VP can't find clips it will prompt the have them manually located.  Have never witnessed 'red exclamation points or triangles' here.

Take a screen shot, upload it to a free server, get a shareable (public) link, copy the link and post it here.  Perhaps that will jog someone's memory.

Of course. Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can restore a project to the state it was in when saved.  Just double-click the VPJ file (which isn't playable).