After speed change, video lags audio

Uberprutser

Re-watching my video, notice the audio is still sped up but the video is no longer.  Pressing ctrl-z does not go back far enough so videopad screwed me once again :( I did not make enough saves, and I should know better.  Because you can not trust this program.

Update: I think this problem happened when I applied a colour temp effect to most of the sequence, but I am not 100% sure about that. I ended up deleting the effected clips and reinserted them in the timeline. After that I applied the speed up fx and colour temp fx. And all was fine again. It only cost me an hour extra :(

I thing I noticed; one of the effected clips was unlinked from the audio. But I could have accidentally clicked the unlink button. The clip next to it was also effected but not unlinked.

And, I have have experienced this issue, audio sped up and video no longer sped up, before.  I hope the makers will find this problem, making v.p. a bit more trustworthy :)

• borate changed the title to After speed change, video lags audio (Videopad screwed up again)

If a speed change is applied to an UNlinked clip it will affect only the track to which it was applied - video or audio.

Sometimes it is best to independently export a speed-changed clip, then insert it in the timeline and add other effects.  Worthy of consideration.

In some cases, the order in which effects are applied can make a difference.

• borate changed the title to After speed change, video lags audio