Ideal Computer System for Running Video Pad

Mary Beth

Greetings!  I really couldn't find this topic addressed anywhere, but my boss is asking me to look into getting a dedicated computer for using Video Pad that might be better than what I'm currently using (an HP Laptop, for everything else I do as well).  I'm not a tech geek, so I'll just reproduce what the PC Properties themselves said (this is what I currently have):  Intel Core i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30 GHz, 6 GB of RAM, a 64-bit OS, and 916 GB of storage, 537 of which is currently in use.  We suspect I've been having some memory issues in some of my loading (very slow) and exports (items missing from the video), and if there's something bigger and faster out there that VP would run more efficiently on, we'll get it!  Thanks!

Video editing is resource intensive and a gaming-class PC is often recommended - no matter what editing software is used.  Some folks get by with lots less for simple projects.

If you can find a small shop that builds custom machines, they may be able to advise you on the 'sweet spot' for your specific needs, and furnish components of higher quality than a store-bought unit that often comes bundled with unwanted bloatware.  The independent business folks don't want returns. ^_^

Take a look here (and at similar sites you can search)...   https://www.desktop-documentaries.com/computer-for-video-editing.html

While a powerful machine will speed things up, compared to an I3, it doesn't guarantee freedom from export issues.  They may be caused by software memory limitations (VP is 32-bit for now) or by how a project is constructed.

I'm getting a bit pissed with the moderation on this forum, BORAT!

I was giving some serious feedback about the cpu power hunger of videopad, and it's gone it's again. I appreciate your feedback but not your style of moderation!!

I do like v.p. especially the interface and I hope it will get great one day. But you have to admit it's not the most efficient program out there. I tried multiple computers and the amount of cache file generation is just crazy.

So lady get the fastest computer you can afford.

The 'bit bin' was just checked and absolutely nothing that you have submitted to this thread has been deleted, much less any of your content in other threads, though occasionally posts are consolidated for easy reading.  Perhaps you didn't save your response??