"Processing sound clips...please wait" never ends

Luxen

This seems like a random thing, but it does happen fairly frequently. I try to export a video and all it says is that it's processing the sound.

I've looked around the forums and I used to be able to fix this by saving the project as a template, then applying it to a new one. But this doesn't work any more after I updated videopad (new project also gets stuck on processing).

Note: before this I was also having trouble importing sound clips. They would import but never process so I couldn't hear anything in the editor. II found a workaround by importing the clips, saving the project, then force closing with task manager and opening the autosave.

Edit: after reinstalling videopad I'm back to experiencing the issue where no sound plays in the editor because of processing audio clips (none of the clips are processing now either, even the ones that were fine before).

What version is being used?  What is the length of the project?  What is the resolution and size of the bulk of the source files?

Update to the latest. For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Audio may not play until the green caching line above video thumbnails has completed.  On lengthy or complex projects this can take some time.

Please share a project that has the issue.  It's not difficult, takes little time and can be private.  Someone here will be glad to check it out...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder, NOT the exported or VPJ file.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum and privately message it to me.  It won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I know the green bar should be finished before sound plays (though sometimes it does before it's done)

The problem is everything was fine in the editor until I reinstalled, now no audio wants to process (looking now, all video clips have been cached, but audio still has not).

Version is 8.95 (according to the program list in the control panel).

This particular video is just under 9 minutes long, but I've had little trouble with 20 minute long videos.

I should also note that this now seems to be happening to old projects that I have been able to export before (I assume caused by updating videopad).

Currently backing up files, will reply with a link when it's done.

Purchase 1GB for $19.95/yr. ^_^  Or try an alternate free server that you may be able to locate via a search.

If you have a smaller project, or can truncate this project, while the issue remains, then please upload that.

Sometimes breaking large projects into smaller segments to be exported and merged solves issues.

Suggest that you revert to the version used earlier.  There's no mandate to update, and newer releases can always be test driven for fun, to check out new features, or unearth problems.  Keep your purchase date in mind...

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.