Recording while listening to already recorded tracks

AndrewDwDrums

Hey everyone, I am having trouble recording while listening to already recorded tracks. For example, I have the drums all recorded on their separate tracks and now I am trying to add bass to it. My setup is a Behringer X32 rack and from that I have two monitor speakers. The only way I can hear what I have recorded is if I use the aux option which would be (headphones) in the playback devices dropdown. Whenever I try to record with headphones set as my playback device, it gives me an error message. If this makes sense to anyone and you can help me out, anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

What is the error message you are getting? NCH recommends ASIO for both playback and recording. ASIO will provide the best performance and the lowest possible latency and offer the greatest accuracy when synchronizing recordings. ASIO will also allow you to play and record from multiple channels of the same device. If you don't have an ASIO capable sound card then you should choose DirectSound as your playback option and MME as your recording option.

Another option is to install the driver from ASIO4ALL which provides a layer over the regular soundcard, allowing it to be used as an ASIO device by software such as MixPad. You can download it for free from http://www.asio4all.com/