Problem in current project carried forward (or back) to past saved files somehow. How is this possible?

miogpsrocks

Hello.

I screwed up in this one area of a project file and tried to load past saved files on that project. I must have loaded 10 past versions of the project and everyone had the sequence messed up like the latest one. To make things worse, the audio, and video clips were filled with tons and tons of duplicates files even when I deleted all the different sequences. 

I think this software has improper database structure and  management to allow something like this to happen. 

No other software has ever caused me this problem.

When you Save AS, under a incremented # or different name, earlier VPJ files are not overwritten.  All then are available, enabling restoration to the time when they were written.

The VPJ saves the currently active sequence, just as it appears on the timeline.  It doesn't create dupes unless, perhaps, caching has become corrupted.  No reports of similar behavior have been noted here.

• borate changed the title to Problem in current project carried forward (or back) to past saved files somehow. How is this possible?