Express Rip CD Ripper Missing important information

Yorky

HI,   The ripper is giving the tracks blank names when it cannot find information on the internet... but that information is on the disk itself.

Why can't Express CD Ripper at least get the track information from the CD you are trying to rip? 

No one wants to type in each field for each track...

I have tried disabling the option for "Access Online Internet Server for Album Details" and still nothing.  Is this a bug?

It is not a bug, when ripping a CD the program will not include the disc information, to do this you will need to use the online server but do keep in mind the server is free so it doesn´t always find the information. Although, if the disc you are ripping is and original CD then it should find the information on the server. Are you using the latest version of the program?

You might also want to contact NCH Technical Support team and see if they can assist you. https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

They should offer to take the information off the disk.  Any disc player can pull that information and it is not connected to the internet.

An MP3 tag editing program will pull the information off the disk...   The server however cannot find any information on it.   One would think that the ap would be smart enough to access the information already on the disk because out of 40 disks at least six of them had no information on any of the servers, not even discogs.

seems like common sense....

Kind of sad when offline: windows media player shows all the info... (short of an album cover... (which it will get from the internet sometimes.)) but express rip will not.   HEY NCH... you following these posts??? 

• 1 month later...

I am getting the "operation failed when trying to access  the online database...check that port 8880 is open...." I am running Express Rip Plus v3.00. It used to work but then quite. I upgraded and the new version also works, but it required me to pay all over again for the new version, so I reinstalled the v3.00. Having paid once for it, I don't want to have to pay all over again just to continue to use features that were previously functioning in the version I bought. It makes me very hesitant to buy more software if features quit working you have to buy upgrades to get them back. 

There were several posts about this problem back in 2008, but I don't see anything more recent and wonder if anyone else is having similar problems. I got no response from NCH when I sent an email requesting help. The app otherwise works fine, but this type of situation makes me hesitant to trust NCH with more purchases.