Incoming DSS files

Guest P. DeBoest

Guest P. DeBoest

I have users with Philips 9350 recorders who copy the DSS files to a shared folder on a network. Another user with Express Scribe then open these files and types them up. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to make Express Scribe check for new DSS files in the Incoming folders. There are checkboxes only for dct, wav, mp3, aif. Being limited to checking for only four different types of files seem rather arbitrary. Is there a workaround for this?

• 1 month later...
I have users with Philips 9350 recorders who copy the DSS files to a shared folder on a network. Another user with Express Scribe then open these files and types them up. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to make Express Scribe check for new DSS files in the Incoming folders. There are checkboxes only for dct, wav, mp3, aif. Being limited to checking for only four different types of files seem rather arbitrary. Is there a workaround for this?

I thought that I was the only one who had noticed this. I am in the same boat. Has any work around been found by anyone yet? I am going to e-mail NCH and ask them to change this.