Images and sound but no video

LinkA

Hello!

I spent 3 hours creating a video, but it does not play.

Shows images and sound, but no video. I tried any formats, it does not help.

Saves video only if you remove the inserted photos.

The latest version, downloaded from the official site.

-0-0-

Uberpruster replied:

I had a similar experience a LinkA. Part of the project were just missing in the final export.

Clearing out the VP cache fix that issue for me. But I did have to wait an awful lot of time to regenerate the VP cache data and the encoding the export again.

On top of that I kinda lost my trust in VP :( Now I need to carefully screen the exported video.

How long is the project?

What is the resolution of the bulk of the source files?

What are the export settings?

Have you tried exporting at a lower resolution?

Someone here will be glad to suggest or make a fix if you take a few minutes to share your project.  It's easy to do and can be private.  Just follow these steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder.  No need to upload the export or VPJ files.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum, and privately message it to me.  It won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Test the newer version.  Or try this one.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

18 hours ago, borate said:

Glad it worked out.  The newest version (8.94) should succeed as well.

This version does not allow exporting videos without paying.

When will the Russian-language version of the program be updated?