Converting from VHS to MP4. Recording flickers from rainbow bands to black and white.

sjhowar

I am using a licensed copy of NCH Golden Video VHS to DVD converter v 3.04 purchased with ClearCLick VHS to DVD kit.

My VHS tape plays fine when VCR is directly connected to a TV via r/w/y component cables.  When I convert the tape to MP4 via the usb converter,  the resultant recording flickers from Black and white to multicolor rainbow horizontal bands.  I know my VCR and tape are fine since the playback while direct connect is perfect.   I have a sample which I can email.  I have fiddled with the setting to no avail.

Has anyone else had this issue?  HELP!

Can you share the settings you are choosing when going through the New Recording Wizard? There is a part where you can choose the Video Input, what option do you have there, since you are using S-Video or composite cable then choose the correct option and test again.

If that does not work you might want to contact NCH tech team for them to assist you. Contact them here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

• 2 years later...