Problem with local IP

speech

I have installed Axon on my Windows 2003 SBS. The server acts as a firewall so two lan card are installed:

192.168.1.2 ---> INTERNET

192.168.1.1 ---> LAN

I have no problem with the external IP because mu Internet connection has a fixed IP so I can forward the ports 5060-5065, 5070-5075 and 8000-8010 to the Axon public IP.

Now the problem is that often when I run Axon it changes the internal IP address, so I have to change the server address to all the clients within my lan...

Sometimes it uses 192.168.1.16 sometimes 192.168.1.2...

How to force the local IP address?

How to force the local IP address?

Setup your SPA or Computers with a Static address or if you use DHCP, reserve the IP Address for your MAC address of your Computer/SPA Device within the DHCP reservation console.

This way you will always have the same IP address for your computer. If you change your network card on that computer, you will also need to update your reservation MAC address in DHCP as well or "Clone" the old address within your Network card setup.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, how does the server act as a firewall if your IP's are on the same subnet, there is no way it can route like that.

Did you mean one IP is 192.168.1.1 and the other is 192.168.2.1?

I know what you mean about it IP hopping, I wish it did not do that. Remember you can assign multiple IP's to a single NIC.