Lines fading when changing position of an image

MusicoTeorico

Hi

It might be that your image doesn't have enough resolution or is too small What size is it ? What does the staff look like in the export. Post an example raw image to drop box or Google drive. Make it public and post a link here and we can take a look.

If you have screen copied some music to create your image or scanned it, it will need to be quite high definition. Saved as a jpg the stave lines and edges of notes can often look blurred (? anti-aliasing or compression artifact?) Animating these images means that the stave lines can become even worse. It is also possible that they look blurred as the resolution of the VP preview is too low and the final export might be better. You may have to experiment a bit to find the best combination..

As an example..This image of a VP project clip shows sections of a scanned manuscript added to a Video. The notes and stave are clear enough here although there is no animation.  The strip of notes changing as the music is played.

dd.jpg

Make the manuscript as Hi Res as possible.

Nat

• borate changed the title to Lines fading when changing position of an image

The thing is that I used to do this with good results https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7djg8JOoF8 but I formated my computer, reinstalled and now, using exactly the same picture, scale (0.80) and resolution the result is worse https://youtu.be/JKE0hXGuXSE 
And this loss of image quality happens even if I just move the image. It is quite weird. 

Hi

There is a slight difference between the first YT clip(top) and the second YT clip (bottom) but it's not huge...

qq.jpg

It does seem a matter of contrast. Try a slight sharpen effect as well.  If you have a graphics package try applying an unsharp mask, that should tighten up the image a bit.

:) Played this piece many times!

Nat

Thanks for your answers.

Workarounds are fine. In fact if I dont't do any Fx to the image the constrast is fine. I do scale because I like bigger margins than the original, and I can do that before I import the image, but I wanted to avoid any extra steps, because I have to do it many times. 😌