Audio has disappeared from video clips

V0ID-HED

I was just about to export a video when an update came through for VideoPad. I saved my project, downloaded the update, reopened my project and now the majority of the waveforms have disappeared. Eight of them are still there, but for the rest, there's just black bars in their place. When I tried to play the video to see what had happened, I got a message telling me that the sound is still processing, so I won't hear anything. It's been "processing" the sound for about an hour and a half now and I still don't see any difference. I don't understand what went wrong. I really hope that I won't have to start from scratch, because this took quite a while to make. 

Picture for reference: https://imgur.com/a/i4ZTyOU

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If you saved the project, you're protected.  Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can restore a project to the state it was in when saved.

UNinstall VP via Control Panel | PROGRAMS AND FEATURES.  Then go to this folder on your PC and delete all the files that it contains...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"  ---  or a similar path without the (x86)

Reinstall VP.  If things are the same, folks here will be glad to help you.  Just share your project.  It's easy to do and can be private.  Follow these steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder - not the export file or only the VPJ.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

I did what you said. Reinstalled the program. Same problem, but worse. I now have another problem: the license is gone too. So now I'm working on unlicensed software and have to pay again to use it properly.

32 minutes ago, borate said:

Locate the saved, numbered folder - not the export file or only the VPJ.

I do not understand what this means. I have the VPJs in one folder and the exports in another. I do not have numbered folders.

Edited by V0ID-HED
Removed a word.

If you create a VP back-up folder as instructed above, it will contain copies of all source files and the VPJ control file, and look something like this...

image.png    Upload that single folder to the server, get a shareable (public) link and post it here, or privately to me via the mail folder at the top-right of this forum.

If using Google Drive be sure to change "restricted" to "anyone can view."   It's not necessary to upload any exports that may have been made.

As for your license, you should be able to re-register easily.  Click the Menu at the top-left, then scroll to the bottom and click the Register item.

You do not have to pay again.  If you don't have your license code, visit here and they will take care of you...   https://tinyurl.com/yc962a9g

Any update within six months of purchase doesn't require payment, so although this is a slightly older version if you recently purchased you should be good.  You may not even need to input your registration code.  If problems arise, use the link above to contact NCH.

Here's an even more recent stable version that also should do the job.

Now that the issue has been spotted, it will be fixed.  There's no need to update if the version you have is doing the job.  The program will continue to function indefinitely.  However, as mentioned, you can update for free within six-months of purchase without additional cost.

You can also check out the latest for free anytime;  there may be new features or fixes (or bugs😉).

Just retain your old installer file.  It's usually saved in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad" or a similar path without the x86.

• borate changed the title to Audio has disappeared from video clips