Playback not working

livelonger@gmail.com

I just received the new wavepad Masters Edition Version 11.06. I am using MacOS Catalina 10.15.17. I have successfully installed the wavepad and have recorded  a speech successfully. Unfortunately when I attempt to playback the recording I get an error message that states:   WAVEPAD AUDIO EDITOR. Please check that you have selected the correct sound player device using Preferences.   I am using a Scarlett 2i2 device and have been using it for years with Wavepad and other programs.   I tried all the Sound player devices including the Default device and get the same error message. I then tried the file recorded on Wavepad on another app called Twisted Wave and it played perfectly on the Scarlett 2i2 device. Any ideas?

No that is not what I mean. The Scarlett 2i2 and all the others are on the list of audio devices. Not one of them wil play the audio. Every one elicits the error popup that says "Please check that you have selected the correct sound player device using Preferences.   I am not the only one with this problem. Several others in WavePad forums are having the same problem We can record fine but cannot get a playback on the MacOS.    Wavepad works fine on Windows machines.