Picture In Picture HELP!!!

thejm

So I watched a video tutorial on how to do the picture in picture and everything works great up until i go to play the video. The main video will keep rolling while the picture in picture stays static. I successfully have done it before and worked like a gem, but now I'm not sure what is going on and if I'm missing something or not doing something correctly in order to get to this situation. any help/tutorial would be greatly appreciated!

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can restore a project to the state it was in when saved.  Just double-click the VPJ file (which isn't playable). 

Close Videopad, then restart it.  Use the latest version.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Before you reload the project, under OPTIONS | DISK tab Clear Unused Cache Files.  It's a good idea to do this each time a new project is begun.

Track 1 - the background video

Track 2 - the scaled and positioned insert video

Is this how you have laid it out?

If so, and it still doesn't work, upload and share the project.  It's easy, quick and can be private.  Just follow these steps and someone will check out the issue...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder - not the export file or only the VPJ.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hi

• Place your main background clip on Video Track 1
  • Place your PIP clip on Video Track 2 directly above the background clip.
  • Confirm that when you preview the sequence you can only see your PIP clip playing as the background clip will be hidden
  • Click the FX box for Video Track 2 (PIP clip) and add a Scale effect to reduce the size of the clip.
  • Preview the sequence again. You should now see your PIP clip smaller than before and playing in the center of the background clip...
  • aa.jpg
  • Add a Position effect to the PIP to place it where you want it.
  • bb.jpg

If you don't see it playing  when you preview the sequence then something is wrong.

Nat