Call failed after pickup

Hi,

I just got Asterisk able to dial out into the Skype network via Uplink.

I have it set so any long distance number I dial gets sent to Uplink and Skype as +1NXXNXXXXXX, and I was able to get it to ring my cell phone. After about five seconds, the call disconnects from Skype, and Uplink reports:

"Call Failed: User may not be online or the number you dialed does not exist"

Any ideas on how to fix this problem are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Adams, I have UPLINK and AXON and SkyPe registered well.

But like what you are experiencing, I was able to ring my cell phone, my home phone, and even to another Skpye user. But then after the ring (about 5 seconds) it disconnects.

The Uplink log reports (like what you have)

The AXON actually reported:

487 Request Terminated

I tried this is several ATA, including a PAP2, GXP-2000, HT-487.

datu503

Hi,

I just got Asterisk able to dial out into the Skype network via Uplink.

I have it set so any long distance number I dial gets sent to Uplink and Skype as +1NXXNXXXXXX, and I was able to get it to ring my cell phone. After about five seconds, the call disconnects from Skype, and Uplink reports:

Any ideas on how to fix this problem are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

:(

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem, unable to use Uplink with latest Skype for Windows. My SIP-phone works normally with anything else, can receive SIP-calls and call SIP-contacts like usual.

Whenever there's an incoming Skype-call, my SIP-phone starts to ring, but when I answer it, the call hangs up. Uplink tells this:

"Call answered"

Uplink sure has an excellent idea, but unfortunately it falls flat...

Well I have configured Uplink according to the instructions. I have 2 accounts at SIPPhone (Gizmo Project). I don't use Asterisk, etc. Obviously my settings seem to be right, as the SIP-phone (the primary account) starts ringing when a Skype-call is coming (and the secondary account is calling it). But as soon as I answer, in 2 seconds it hangs up.

I have Windows 2000 SP4 and the latest Uplink 1.2 & latest Skype. Skype uses "Uplink" as the sound devices and Windows uses the sound card of the computer, not Uplink's driver.

What does Skype do during this? Does it hang up first, or does it hang up after uplink?

Skype still keeps on ringing, after Uplink hangs up the call to the SIP-phone. And after some time the Skype Voicemail activates and asks to leave a message. So the Skype-call does not hang up at all during this.

I just tested the same thing with Uplink logged into my LAN's Asterisk-server. Uplink was supposed to transfer a Skype-call to an internal number "1", which is my main SIP-phone. As this number dials to my local network, on this side of the NAT, just like Uplink, it eliminates any possibilities of a NAT-issue.

And the same thing happened: the SIP-phone starts to ring when Skype rings, I answer and 2 seconds later Uplink claims the number is invalid or the user is not online (Skype still keeps ringing after the Uplink-errors, until my Voicemail activates several rings later). If this was true, then why can I call the same SIP-phone with another SIP-phone, with the same internal number "1"? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing this same issue. Configured uplink2skype to register with asterisk server. Skype calls out and hangs up after a couple of seconds. Uplink reports: Call failed. User may not be online or the number you dialed may not exist.

I'm experiencing this same issue. Configured uplink2skype to register with asterisk server. Skype calls out and hangs up after a couple of seconds. Uplink reports: Call failed. User may not be online or the number you dialed may not exist.

Actually, I had just updated to Uplink v 1.21. The skype audio settings where not set to uplink driver for in and outgoing sound. Once I update the settings the call goes out normally. So, if other people are experiencing this issue and their settings are correct this might have something to do with the driver.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, I had just updated to Uplink v 1.21. The skype audio settings where not set to uplink driver for in and outgoing sound. Once I update the settings the call goes out normally. So, if other people are experiencing this issue and their settings are correct this might have something to do with the driver.

Hi, I have the most up to date Uplink v1.21 and Skype 2.5.0.151 and have the same problem, except there is no option for uplink driver in the sound devices page in skype. Did you have to load something else to get those there?

• 1 month later...

Antti,

In the Sound Devices section of Skype do you have Uplink as an option? The Uplink program should automatically set this when starting but perhaps it is failing for some reason or the driver may not have been installed properly.

Cheers,

Ben

In the Sound Devices section of Skype do you have Uplink as an option? The Uplink program should automatically set this

Uplink is set as everything else but the ringing device (also tried that, though). Uplink does this automatically.

Another major flaw is the lack of a Linux- and/or Mac-version of Uplink. I don't use Windows (just tested Uplink with it), so I couldn't truly use the program, even if it was working... But it'd still be interesting to see how it works.

Hi Limited Goods,

It sounds as though there is something wrong with the uplink driver installation. The fact that there is no option to select it may indicate that it is disabled. Check out the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section of your device manager and check that the Uplink driver is not disabled.

To do this:

- Right click 'My Computer'

- select properties

- select the hardware tab

- click device manager

- open the Sounds, video and Game controllers branch of the tree

- if the uplink driver is not listed or has a cross on it, then there is a problem

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,

Ben

yeah that was the first hing I tried. It is weird b/c I got everything to work on my laptop but on the desktop it is messed up. The uplink driver is there so that can't be it. Any other ideas?

Hmmm. This is an odd one. Does the Uplink device show up as an option in the Sounds and Audio devices section of the Control Panel? Have you tried completely uninstalling Uplink and not just reinstalling over the top of the existing installation? If this doesn't work I will send you a diagnostic build of Uplink which may shed some light on the problem.

BJW

could the problem be that I am using remote desktop to install uplink and I am not actually on the computer I am using, just trying to think of any reason why it would not install correctly....thanks.

Aha! Yes. that is almost certainly the issue. You need to make sure that on the Local Resources tab of your Remote Desktop connection options you specify *Leave at Remote Computer* for the remote desktop sound options - that should ensure that the Uplink device will be visible to the remote computer.

Unfortunately this will mean you will not be able to use the sound devices on your local machine to use Uplink on a remote computer (I assume this is what you are trying to do?).

It is an interesting situation and I think it would be worth looking at a little further to see if there may be a solution or workaround.

Ben

that did it. Works fine now. Is there any plans for multiple icomming lines? Right now only one incomming call at a time works...thanks.

Glad to hear it is working. There are plans to support multiple calls but several technical hurdles to overcome first to do with running multiple Skype instances.

Cheers,

Ben